The form of this particular project was something that I found both difficult and inspiring. It was very hard to not be able to use any audio, when sounds, music, and more are such a part of my every day life. Instead, I tried to find a part of my life that I repeat a lot that had a lot more movement, that could be documented in an interesting way. I eat a lot more macaroni and cheese than any sane human being should, as well as watching a lot of Parks and Recreation, things that I thought could be formatted into a time lapse video. The process of this, however, really made me think about how the limitations of media allows students to show different aspects in their lives. Limiting audio forced me to think about what is active in my life, instead of some of the more passive and inactive tasks that I do every day.
Nice job! What would be the result of limiting the visual and focusing on the audio instead, when it comes to a process like cooking?
ReplyDelete