Monday, January 30, 2017

https://www.pinterest.com/court_miller_/courtney/


The use of Pinterest is an interesting way to express myself. Pinterest is something that allows people to more or less give themselves a very specific "brand." As I looked at showing who I was through this medium, I found myself highlighting comedy and fashion, and showing who I wish I could be versus a more accurate picture of who I really am. This can be limiting in some aspects, especially when trying to look at a whole picture of a person. Pinterest is an area where people can truly filter their brand, and that is a definite limitation of the media. I think there could be a lot of different ways that this limitation could be beneficial in an educational setting. There are ways to look at specific aspects of a character’s personality or life choices by what they would pin and choose to share publicly on Pinterest. This would be very beneficial in a theatrical setting. This characterized version that is portrayed on this Pinterest board is a version of myself that would be interesting to explore and see what elements are most relevant and apparent.

1 comment:

  1. Cool ideas on incorporating pinterest into a classroom setting. What does your project say about Pinterest itself, as a digital media?

    ReplyDelete